Effective date of the Regulations: 10 September 2019
REGULATIONS OF PURCHASING TICKETS FOR THE WORLD OF ILLUSION MUSEUM
Regulations – means these Regulations of purchasing and booking tickets and products via the following websites: www.museumworldofillusion.com and www.swiatiluzji.pl;
Seller – The World of Illusion Museum limited liability company with registered seat at 341/121 Grochowska St. (03-822 Warsaw), and conducting its activity at 19/21 Rynek Starego Miasta 19/21 (00-272 Warsaw), entered into the register: WA.XIII NS-REJ.KRS/62924/17/361, REGON:366932467, NIP: 1132936609;
User – a person using the Site in order to purchase a Ticket;
Ticket – means a document entitling to visit the Museum, in paper or electronic form;
Payment Site – website managed by an external operator and selected by the Museum to conduct payments. The Operator defines its own Regulations of payments, which is available on the website of the payment operators.
§ 2 GENERAL PROVISIONS
- These Regulations define the rules of purchasing Tickets.
- Each User assumes an obligation to become familiarised with the contents of these Regulations prior to the purchase of the Ticket.
- The User is obliged to use the Site and purchase the Ticket pursuant to the Regulations and binding legal provisions.
- Use of the Site requires:
- an end device with access to the Internet and an Internet browser;
- an active electronic post account (e-mail);
- possibility to make payments by the available payment methods;
- possibility to present the purchased ticket on an electronic device or in paper.
§ 3 TICKET PURCHASE
- Purchase of a Ticket proceeds by placing a Ticket order through the Site and making a payment resulting from the order through the Payment Site, on the terms and conditions defined in the Regulations.
- Placement of an order is possible in the https://swiatiluzji.tikecik.pl sub-site of the Site. Placement of an order proceeds by making the following actions on the sub-sites of the Site:
- selection of the https://swiatiluzji.tikecik.pl sub-site,
- selection of the date of visiting the exhibition,
- selection of the hour, number and types of Tickets,
- moving to shopping cart to choose type of payment
- providing data of the Users (email address, cellular telephone number etc.), which is required when making a payment,
- making a statement on accepting the terms and conditions of the Regulations of visiting, the Regulations of purchasing tickers online and statements related to the processing of personal data of the User, in the contents indicated on the sub-site of the Site,
- placing an order by clicking “order with an obligation to pay”,
- making payment,
- receiving a ticket on the given email address.
- The ticket purchase agreement is considered to be concluded i.e. the ticker purchased, once the User’s payment is registered in the Seller’s system.
- The types of tickets and prices are defined on the website and in the Regulations of Visiting the Museum of Illusion. The Seller is entitled to the right of unrestricted decision on the moment of starting and closing the sale of different categories of Tickets. Unless the Seller decides otherwise, the purchase of tickets is possible no later than one day before the planned date of visiting.
- The Seller, by providing information on the Website, may introduce temporary or permanent restriction on selling Day Tickets and Group Tickets, and may define dates on which it is possible to use Day Tickets and Group Tickets, and the pool of available Day Tickets and Group Tickets available on a certain date.
- The User, purchasing a Ticket, accepts the Regulations of Visiting the World of Illusion Museum.
- In case of purchasing tickets online, the User is obliged to document the discount when entering the exhibition.
- The User who purchases a Ticket receives its purchase confirmation in an email message sent to the address given when placing an order.
- The User is not entitled to resell the ticket.
§ 4 PAYMENT FOR TICKET
- Payment for the Ticket through the Site is possible only through the Payment Site, to which the User is redirected directly after the placement of the order.
- The User pays for the ordered Tickets by payment methods available on the Payment Site, in line with the regulations of the Payment Site.
- The Payment resulting from one order should be made in one-off manner, entirely, and include the price of all ordered Tickets. The User is not entitled to make a payment in instalments or separately for individual Tickets.
- The Payment should be made directly after placing an order for Tickets. After ineffective expiry of the time limit to make the payment (15 minutes), the User’s order is cancelled. The moment deciding on making the payment is the date on which the Museum receives the information on making the payment.
- The prices given on the Site and in the order confirmation are gross amounts, including VAT calculated based on the binding legal regulations.
- Individual order payments by Users by traditional transfer to the account of the Museum is inadmissible. Each time, such a solution must receive a consent from the Museum.
§ 5 TICKET DELIVERY AND USE
- In case of placing an order and making a payment for the Tickets, an email message including the Ticket in PDF format will be sent to the User’s email.
- The equipment necessary to use the Ticket sent to the User in email is a computer or a telephone with software supporting PDF files and supporting their display in a manner enabling the reading of the ticket’s bar code or identification number.
- The User may also use a paper printout enabling reading the bar code or identification number of the ticket.
- In case of ordering a School or Group Ticket, the ordering person is treated as the group leader and is responsible for familiarising the group with the regulations of the Museum and for the group following these regulations. The group leader receives the Group Ticket in one email message.
- The User’s entry to the exhibition is conditioned by the presentation of a valid Ticket. In case of a School Ticket or a Group Ticket, it is presented by the group leader or the caretaker.
- At the presentation of the Ticket bought online, it is subject to cancellation by the customer service of the exhibition by reading the bar code using the scanner, and making an annotation in the computer system of the Seller on the usage of the Ticket. In case of breakdown of the computer system, the customer service of the exhibition cancels the Ticket by physically tearing the Ticket and making an annotation about usage of the Ticket.
- The User is obliged to retain the Ticket during the entire visit and present it at any request of the customer service of the exhibition.
- Should the User share the Ticket, code of the Ticket or number of the transaction to a third party, and several persons arrive with the same Ticket, only the person who presents the Ticket as the first one to the customer service of the exhibition is authorised to visit the exhibition.
§6 TICKET RETURN
- The purchased tickets are not subject to return or exchange by the User. The above does not infringe the consumer rights pursuant to Article 38.12 of the Act of 30.05.2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 827 as amended).
- A Ticket that has not been used is not subject to exchange or return after expiry of its validity date.
- The User has the right to return or to exchange the Ticket only in the case of total closure of the exhibition due to technical or emergency reasons by the Seller.
- Temporary restrictions of visiting due to an excessive number of visitors introduced by the customer service do not constitute the basis to return or exchange the Ticket.
- Should it not be possible to use the Ticket on the date indicated by the Ticket due to the implementation of restrictions to visit the exhibition, the User is entitled to reimbursement of the Ticket price paid by the User or the possibility to use the Ticket on a date agreed with the customer service of the exhibition.
- In case of closing the exhibition, the Seller shall immediate notify the Users to this effect in the form of an email message sent to the address given in the order.
- In case of closing the exhibition, the User shall report the return of the Ticket no later than within the Ticket validity date using electronic mail, in the mode defined below, otherwise the User loses the right to return the Ticket.
- In case of reporting the return of the Ticket by electronic post, the User sends an email to the following address: email@example.com, including the following:
- “return of ticket” entered in the title of the message;
- reason for the return;
- confirmation of making the payment for the Tickets received by PDF attached;
- account number to reimburse the payment.
- In case of reporting the return by electronic mail, the Museum shall, within 7 days from the receipt of the submission:
- reimburse the paid amount with a bank transfer to the account given in the ticket return form, or
- inform the User about the refusal to reimburse the payment along with the reasons, in an email sent to the address from which the return was submitted.
§ 7 COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
- Only Users are entitled to file complaints under these Regulations.
- All complaints shall be sent by electronic post to the following electronic mail address of the Seller: firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the following address of the Seller [Warsaw 00-272, Rynek Starego Miasta 21] with the annotation “complaint”.
- Complaints will be considered by the Seller within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of their submission. The complaint submission date is considered to be the date of the submission delivery to the Seller.
- The Seller reserves the right to store a copy of the correspondence with the User.
- Should the complaint be considered positively for the User, the Seller shall immediately remove the defect. This does not impact the possibility of the User to make a statement regarding price reduction or renouncement of the agreement in accordance with the valid legal regulations.
- The User is entitled to seek claims not covered by the complaint proceedings before the competent common court.
§ 8 COMMERCIAL INFORMATION (NEWSLETTER)
- The User may express consent to receive from the Seller commercial information electronically, by marking the relevant option when making an order on the Internet, or later on the websites www.museumworldofillusion.com or www.swiatiluzji.pl.
- Should such consent be expressed, the User will receive the information bulletin (Newsletter) of the Seller to the given address of electronic mail.
- The personal data administrator, in the understanding of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDRP”), is the World of Illusion Museum limited liability company with registered office in Warsaw, at 341/121 Grochowska St. (03-822) conducting its activity at 19/21 Rynek Starego Miasta, 00-272 Warsaw, entered into the register WA.XIII NS-REJ.KRS/62924/17/361, REGON: 366932467, NIP: 1132936609 with the purpose of sending the Newsletter.
- Users have the right to access the contents of their data and correct it. The Users may at any time resign from the subscription by sending an email informing on the resignation from the Newsletter to the address: email@example.com.
§9 PERSONAL DATA
- The personal data administrator, in the understanding of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDRP”), is the World of Illusion Museum limited liability company with registered office in Warsaw, at 341/121 Grochowska St. (03-822) conducting its activity at 19/21 Rynek Starego Miasta, 00-272 Warsaw, entered into the register WA.XIII NS-REJ.KRS/62924/17/361, REGON: 366932467, NIP: 1132936609.
- Personal data is processed for the purposes and in the scope related to the User using the Site, including ordering a Ticket or preparing and conducting sale of the Ticket or Products.
- Provision of personal data by the User is of voluntary character, however it is necessary to book and purchase the Ticket. The Users sharing their personal data are entitled to the right to access, correct and demand removal of such data.
- The Administrator provides the user using the Site the following forms of contact:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- written contact to the following address: Muzeum Świat Iluzji spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością with registered office at 19/21 Rynek Starego Miasta, 00-272 Warsaw.
- The User’s personal data is secured by the Administrator in accordance with the valid legal regulations, and due diligence.
- The User’s personal data is processed in order to conduct sale of the Ticket through the Site and in order to assure the highest service quality and optimisation of using the Site.
- The Users may voluntary express consent for their personal data to be processed for marketing purposes.
- For statistical purposes and to assure the highest service quality, the Site uses the information saved by the server on the end device of the User, which are then read during each connection of the internet browser (so called cookies) and from the tracking scripts, for the purpose of analysis and conducting Site visiting statistics. The User may at any time change the browser settings not to accept such files or inform on sending them. However, it should be remembered that non-acceptance of cookie files may hamper use of the Site.
- Personal data may be transferred by the Administrator to other entities, including payment operators, only for the purpose of performing the concluded agreement.
- The Administrator may be obliged to transfer personal data in accordance with the binding legal provisions in this scope.
- Personal data may be stored for 5 years.
- The User has the right to access its own personal data, to correct it and to request discontinuation of its usage, and also its removal from the database, or file an objection as to its processing, In case of expressing consent for personal data processing for marketing purposes, the User may at any moment withdraw his expressed consent in the form of an email sent to the following address: email@example.com.
- In reference to personal data processing, the User is entitled to file a complaint to the General Personal Data Protection Inspector.
- By changing the software settings used to browse the websites www.museumworldofillusion.com and www.swiatiluzji.pl and their sub-sites, there is the possibility to define the conditions of storing and conditions of gaining access to cookie files used by this site and its sub-sites, in particular the possibility of complete disabling of their support.
- Lack of changes in settings of the software used to browse the websites www.museumworldofillusion.com and www.swiatiluzji.pl and their sub-sites, constitutes – pursuant to Article 173.2 of the Telecommunication Law – expressed consent for this site and sub-sites to use cookie files for the purposes defined above.
§ 11 FINAL PROVISIONS
- The Seller is not responsible for operation of the Internet. The Seller is not responsible for messages, confirmations and other data lost in the Internet for reasons beyond its control, due to individual setting of Users’ computers, and their configuration, and also settings or interruptions in the provision of services occurring by the providers providing the Users with Internet access.
- These Regulations are available for Users at the registered office of the Seller, at ticket counters of the Seller, and on the websites www.museumworldofillusion.com and www.swiatiluzji.pl.
- The Seller hereby reserves that the Regulations may be subject to amendments at any time. The date of introducing amendments to the Regulations is considered to be the date of publishing the new version of the Regulations on the Site. The amendment of the Regulations come into force on the date of their announcement on the Site and do not apply to the Tickets sold before the day of announcing the amendments.
- The Seller reserves the right to:
- unilateral decision on the contents of the Site, making amendments and modifications thereon, without the necessity to notify the Users;
- temporarily suspend operations of the Site, and temporarily suspend the possibility to purchase all or some Tickets through the Site;
- and these decisions will not infringe the right previously acquired by the Users.
- The Seller reserves that the use of the Site takes place solely at the cost and at the risk of the User. The Seller does not grant any guarantee that the use of the Site proceeds without errors, defects or interruptions. The Seller is not responsible for:
- any possible damage that could result from improper operation of the Site or its temporary unavailability;
- any possible damage that could occur due to a third party coming into possession of the User’s data;
- any further effects of downloading the information from the Site;
- The provisions of these Regulations do not apply if absolutely binding legal regulations differently establish rights and obligations of the Users and the Seller.
- The issues not covered by these Regulations shall be governed by relevant legal regulations binding in the territory of the Republic of Poland, and in particular the provisions of the Act of 23 April 1964 – The Civil Code (Journal of Laws no 16, item 93 as amended), the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (Journal of Laws of 2014 item 827), the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDRP”), and other provisions and secondary legislation.